Studio Spass is a Rotterdam-based agency that works across print, branding, web and spatial design projects as well as animation and photography. Founded by Jaron Korvinus and Daan Mens in 2008, the studio combines a rigorous, considered and intelligent approach with a playful sensibility.
They understand that powerful and effective visual communication needs both original ideas and faultless execution, and the team prides itself on its perfectionist eye for the little details as well as its innovative conceptual thinking. Jaron and Daan continue to oversee the studio’s output and have built a diverse team of specialists as well as a wider network of creatives on which they can draw.
Studio Spass works closely with clients and believes in genuine collaboration to develop the best visual solutions possible but that doesn’t mean slavishly following a brief – rather they like to challenge their clients and make sure their designs are answering the right questions.
Want to work with us? Find out more? Tell us how your day’s going?
Selection of clients: Kunstblock, Van Gogh Museum, NIMK, Het SpoorwegMuseum, Museum Rotterdam, Maritiem Museum, Willem de Kooning Academy, BIRD, Festival De Wereld Van Witte De With, Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, Graphic Design Festival Breda, Zig Zag City, Stichting KOP, Oogziekenhuis Rotterdam, Gestalten Publishers, NHTV, Hogeschool Rotterdam, ArtEZ , poppodium EKKO, TENT Rotterdam, CBK Rotterdam, Fontanel and more...
– Bronze European Design Award 2013
– Silver European Design Award 2012
– Bronze European Design Award 2011
– Design magazine Korea, vol 447
– ETAPES 225 Interview, Pyramyd
– Tokyo TDC Vol.25
– Introducing: Culture Identities, Gestalten
– IDPURE, 29 swiss
– ETAPES 206 Pyramyd
– Vormberichten interview, BNO
– Pre Cursor, Gestalten
– I LOVE DIN, Victionary
– I LOVE FUTURA , Victionary
– Left, Right, Up, Down, Gestalten
– Los Logos compass, Gestalten
– Graphic Design Festival Breda
– Greytones , My City
– Regular, Gestalten
– SLANTED #08
– Lüzer’s archive #02
– FOAM annual book 08
– Typojanchi 2015, typography Biennale Seoul (KR)
– Do It, Kunsthal Rotterdam
– El Segundo, UrbanSpree Berlin (DE)
– Tekst Figuur, Opperclaes Rotterdam
– Another Dimension, CBK Rotterdam
– Groot grafiek, Diglicht in CBK Rotterdam
– GreyTones, Graphic design festival Breda
– BLURRR, TENT Rotterdam
– Drukwerk buiten de marge, Pictura
– Estaffette, FOAM Amsterdam